Yachts and Superyachts
We have specialist marine lawyers who are dual qualified as Master Mariners and with backgrounds in naval architecture and Class surveying. As a result, we can assist yacht owners, managers, brokers, insurers and yards in all manner of issues relating to yachts and superyachts.
Tatham Macinnes has particular experience in shipbuilding, regularly working for some of the largest shipbuilders in the world. We can use this experience to:
- help avoid common pitfalls, and to ensure a smooth experience during the contracting and building process; and
- to protect our client’s interests if, as sometimes happens, things do go wrong.
We can provide assistance with
- Construction claims;
- Insurance recovery claims and coverage;
- Casualty management (collisions, groundings, pollution, salvage and wreck-removal);
- Fuel quality and engine damage;
- Chartering; and
- Sale & Purchase.